This is the webpage for three related entities of the Cochrane Collaboration; the Diagnostic Test Accuracy Working Group, the Regional Support Units and the Diagnostic Test Accuracy Editorial Team. The combined roles of these entities is to implement the Cochrane Steering Group's decision to publish systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy in The Cochrane Library.
The aim of this website is to provide resources and information to all those involved in preparing Cochrane systematic reviews of diagnostic accuracy.
Forthcoming Event: Symposium at the University of Birmingham, UK.
15th & 16th July 2013 Methods for Evaluating Medical Tests & Biomarkers
An international symposium attracting researchers interested in the development, evaluation or regulation of biomarkers, diagnostic modalities or other medical tests. The symposium is to be hosted by the Test & Biomarker Evaluation Research Group based at the University of Birmingham. Full details are available on the CONFERENCE website.
"Early Bird" registration closes on May 7th - visit REGISTRATION
Commercial organisations - £600 per delegate. Not-for-profit attendees - £300 per delegate. Fee includes attendance, refreshments, lunch, conference pack & conference dinner on Monday evening.
Forthcoming Workshop: Evidence-based Clinical Practice - September 29th to October 2nd, 2013
“THE ARCHITECTURE OF DIAGNOSTIC RESEARCH AND CLINICAL REASONING”
To be held at the ”Palazzo Feltrinelli”, Gargnano, Lago di Garda, Italy
For details, see Workshops & Events
Cochrane DTA Support & Guidance
Please read the FAQ page but contact us if your query is not answered in the FAQ section. Below are brief highlights of some of our activities and links to further information and resources.
- DTA review author training: A rolling 4 module training programme covering title registration, protocol development, progressing your DTA reviews and meta-analysis is available for review authors registered with UK-based CRGs.
- All Cochrane Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy (DTA) are published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and are labelled as reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy. A complete list of published DTA protocols & reviews is available.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy: As each chapter of the handbook is completed it will be published on this website.
- DTA editor training: CRGs can nominate individuals for DTA Editorial training here.
- Software development: RevMan 5.2 must be used to prepare Cochrane Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy. A RevMan DTA Tutorial and packages for more advanced statistical analyses are available here together with an overview of the changes introduced with the latest version of RevMan.
- Editorial process: We have worked with Cochrane Review Groups and the Cochrane collaboration to develop a robust editorial process. The editorial process and requirements for title registration of systematic reviews of DTA are different from those used for the Cochrane systematic reviews of interventions. The DTA Review Proposal Form (RPF) is available here.
- The DTA editorial team is a formally convened team of editors who currently work with CRGs to peer review all DTA protocols and reviews.
- Training materials from past events can be found here.